Question 9 - Can I Claim My Motor Vehicle Expenses?
This will all depend on:
- The type of business structure you use
- How much you use the vehicle for business purposes
- If the vehicle has a carrying capacity of over 1 tonne
In the majority of cases, if you use your motor vehicle to travel between jobs, to visit customers and suppliers you will be entitled to some form of tax deduction and there are a number of different methods of claiming motor vehicle expenses.t
In the resources section of our website we have a Motor Vehicle Tax Guide you can download but we invite your call our office to discuss your personal situation.
OTHER QUESTIONS IN THIS SERIES:
- What Steps are Involved in Starting a Business?
- Do I Have to Register for GST?
- What Tax Records Do I Need to Keep for My Business?
- What Is a Business Activity Statement?
- What’s the Difference Between an ABN and an ACN?
- Do I have to include GST on my Invoices?
- What Software do You Recommend for My Start-Up Business?
- How Much Tax Do I Pay?
- What Do I Need to Do When I Employ My First employee?
- Whats The Most Appropriate Tax Structure For My Business?
- Are You Small Business Experts?
- How Much Do You Charge?
- How Do I Change Accountants?