Victorian Farm Safety Rebate Scheme
Rebates of up to $5,000 excluding GST are available to eligible farm businesses for Eligible Projects. Only one rebate per farm business is
permitted for the life of the Scheme. Rebates will require at least 50 per cent cash co-contribution by the applicant. The Scheme is
available for farm businesses located in the State of Victoria
Eligible Projects are those that aim for permanent safety improvements and can include, but are not limited to the following:
• Child safety fencing and installation costs to create safe on-farm play areas
• Safety and warning signs; e.g. children at play, traffic management, speed limits, overhead powerlines, chemical hazard, deep water, water not for drinking, steep descent, hearing protection must be worn etc.
• Animal handling equipment; sheep handling systems, cattle crush etc.
• Animal management; loading ramps, man-gates, access platforms, roofed sheep races (note: New Australian standard expected in late 2020)
• Chemical hazards; dedicated chemical storage sheds (AS2507), spill washdown and shower facilities, eye wash station etc.
• Upgrade of shearing, dairy or machinery shed electrics to install safety switches or improve power systems and lighting
• Emergency shut off switches for existing machinery and equipment
• Retrofit back brace hanging points in shearing sheds
• Reversing camera on farm tractors and vehicles • Retrofit of seatbelts, seatbelt warning lights, deadman switches etc.
• Retrofit of guarding on machinery and plant where guards did not previously exist.